ALL IT TAKES IS ONE DAY
With our NFPA 70E/Arc Flash Training for the Wind Turbine Technician course, you can get your workers trained and your company up to speed in a single day. Technical Skills Development Services offers a one-day (eight-hour) compliance course that thoroughly covers the electrical hazards and safe working practices your wind turbine techs need.
Most importantly, the training meets all OSHA and the current electrical safety in the workplace standard requirements. All it takes is one day to get your company in line with OSHA law.
ON-SITE CUSTOMIZED TRAINING FOR YOUR COMPANY
Technical Skills Development will customize our training based on your company’s unique training requirements. Then, we’ll send one of our experienced instructors to your location who will cover a range of topics, including:
- Electrical fundamentals relevant to the wind industry
- Introduction to the basic hazards of electrical shock, arc flash and arc blast
- Identification of specific electrical hazards within the nacelle and wind turbine site
- Shock and arc flash approach boundary requirements
- Classification of hazard risk categories (0-4) in the wind turbine environment
- Selection of personal protective equipment based on the hazard risk category
- Use of electrical test equipment, including demonstrations
- Issuance of certificates of completion
All participants who meet the training requirements will receive a Certificate of Completion. The Certificate verifies their knowledge of accepted wind turbine technician electrical safety practices.